FCSSC offers spirits up, super-sportsmanlike beach volleyball. Loads of fun for rookies, experienced players (who are a little rusty perhaps?!) and anyone who wants a fabulous cardio workout for the week. Bump, set, spike!
SUMMER 2019 League Details:Payment must be received in full by the deadline to secure a spot in the league/program of your choice!
REMEMBER: Registration Deadline for SUMMER 2019 leagues is MAY 20, 2019!
FCSSC offers 3 ways to play:
1) Register a full team.
2) Register as an individual & we will place you on a team with other individuals.
3) Register as a small group (register as an individual & request to play with friends. We will place you & your friends on a team with other individuals or small groups).
What to Expect
This league is all about the social; the beach volleyball is just something we do to have fun while making friends! This program accepts individual registration only (no teams) because it's all about meeting new people.
FCSSC takes care of all the details -- all you have to do is show up, ready to participate.
Players in this CO-ED league are a mix of new and experienced players, with varying skill levels, all playing with a for-fun attitude. Self-officiated (no referees) play governed by FCSSC’s unique Spirit Point System.
Starts: Monday, May 27, 2019
Ends: Monday, August 26, 2019
No games on July 1 (Canada Day) or August 5 (Civic Holiday Weekend).
All games will be played on Mondays*.
Check out all beach volleyball leagues available this summer online here.
*In the event that a regular season game must be rescheduled we will announce the reschedule date as soon as one is confirmed. There is no pre-set rain date for this league.
Game Times Games will start at 6:30pm or 7:30pm*. Game times may change weekly and will be equalized for all teams throughout the season.
*Please note that earlier start times may be necessary in August due to limited daylight and will start as early as 6:00pm.
**Park Entry is FREE for registered players in FCSSC's beach volleyball leagues.**
Entry details will be provided to all paid participants before the first game.
More Details Kick Off Party Thursday, May 23, 2019 is the Season Kick Off Party. Details will be sent to all paid registrants once registration is closed. Mark your calendar! Please make sure to subscribe to FCSSC emails to ensure that you stay up to date on important league details.
PLAY MORE, SAVE MORE!
Save 10% off your 2nd sport, 20% off your 3rd sport and 30% off your 4th registration this season!
*Please review our updated refund policy here before completing your registration.* Tournaments
Be sure to join FCSSC in supporting local charities by signing up to play in one of our upcoming tournaments:
9th Annual Rug Rat Back Pack Beach Volleyball Tournament on Saturday, July 20, 2019
Special Events Join us for one of our super social upcoming events:
1. Summer 2019 Kick off Party on Thursday, May 23rd, 2019 at Union Ten Distillery
All league participants are entitled to exclusive, member-only offers from FCSSC’s Partners, like Steam Whistle Brewing and Winks. Click here for free food, great discounts on gear and much more!
Pick & pay for the league of your choice by clicking on the appropriate link in the grid below. Secure your spot before it sells out! IMPORTANT: All players must be 19 years or older to play with FCSSC, no exceptions. Prices before taxes. Registrations fully refundable BEFORE the registration deadline. Click to review FCSSC's **NEW** REFUND POLICY. **NOTICE**League schedules will be posted online on the Friday before your first game/activity. Most schedules will be posted by Friday, May 24, 2019 Is the league/program you want sold out?
Please send an email with your name, phone number, desired sport and if you are a full team or individual to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list. We will contact you if/when a spot opens up.
Pick & pay for the league of your choice by clicking on the appropriate link in the grid below. Secure your spot before it sells out!
IMPORTANT: All players must be 19 years or older to play with FCSSC, no exceptions.
Prices before taxes. Registrations fully refundable BEFORE the registration deadline. Click to review FCSSC's **NEW** REFUND POLICY.
**NOTICE**League schedules will be posted online on the Friday before your first game/activity. Most schedules will be posted by Friday, May 24, 2019
Is the league/program you want sold out?
Prices before taxes
Beach Volleyball Int/Rec 6's Rules
SPIRIT POINTS: An integral part of all the sports that the Forest City Sport & Social Club offers. It is based on the primary focus of the FCSSC, which is sportsmanship and to have FUN...NOT on competitive and aggressive sport.
1. Game Time/Default: Please arrive 15 minutes early to ensure that your games start on time. Volleyball matches include 3 games played in 1 hour each week (NEW format), and you should play 3 rally point games to 25. You must win by 2 points, but there is a cap at 27 (i.e. final score of 27-26). If a match concludes early, the teams can continue to play, but the score of the fourth game will not be recorded. Please agree on one person to act as timekeeper. Teams are comprised of six (6) players with a minimum of two (2) women and two (2) men on the court. A default for the first game of a match will occur if any team cannot field a squad 10 minutes after the official start time. (a team that is not ready to play defaults the first set of the match, but can play the second and third games of the match if enough players show up). A team can play with a minimum of 5 people, as long as two (2) players are women and two (2) players are men.
2. General Rules: Rally point scoring WILL be used during league play.
3. Discrepancies: All games are self-refereed. Any disputes will be discussed amongst the two team captains. Please play honestly and call your own infractions (life, net, etc). If a dispute cannot be settled the point should be re-served.
Click here for a pdf version of the rules.
All Monday games will be played at FCSSC's (Outdoor) Sand Court Complex, located on the shores of Fanshawe Lake (inside the Conservation Area), 1424 Clarke Rd. (just north of Huron St.)