FCSSC offers co-ed, for-fun, super-sportsmanlike court volleyball. Our recreational league is perfect for rookies and players who are a little rusty!
Bump, set, spike!
Fall 2018 League Details:
PLEASE NOTE: Registration deadline September 3, 2018! Sign up today!
Payment must be received in full by the deadline to secure a spot in the league/program of your choice!
FCSSC offers 3 ways to play:
1) Register a Full Team
2) Register as an individual & we will place you on a team with other individuals
3) Register as a Small Group (register as an individual & request to play with friends. We will place you & your friends on a team with other individuals or small groups)
|What to Expect
Players in this CO-ED league are a mix of new and experienced players, with varying skill levels, all playing with a for-fun attitude. Self-officiated (no referees) play governed by FCSSC’s unique Spirit Point System. The most fun & sportsmanlike teams have the greatest chance of winning the coveted Championship Prizes!
Starts: Sunday, September 9, 2018
Ends: Sunday, December 16, 2018
All games will be played on Sundays*.
No games on October 7 (Thanksgiving).
Starts: Monday, September 10, 2018
Ends: Monday, December 17, 2018
All games will be played on Mondays*.
No games on October 8 (Thanksgiving).
Starts: Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Ends: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
All games will be played on Tuesdays*.
Starts: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Ends: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
All games will be played on Wednesdays*.
Starts: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Ends: Thursday, December 20, 2018
All games will be played on Thursdays*.
Starts: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Ends: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
All games will be played on Wednesdays*.
To join our SINGLES Court Volleyball leagues, click here.
To join our INTERMEDIATE Court Volleyball leagues, click here.
To join our ST. THOMAS Court Volleyball leagues, click here.
*In the event that a regular season game must be rescheduled we will be reschedule on our make up game day on Sunday, November 18, 2018. Save the date!
Sunday & Monday: 14 weeks
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 15 weeks
Wednesday (Mid-Season): 7 weeks
Games will be played between 1pm and 6pm.
Monday to Thursday
Games will be played between 6pm and 10:30pm.
Game times can change weekly and will be equalized for all teams throughout the season. All games are 55 minutes long or 3 games.
Sunday & Monday
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Click the SPORT INFO, RULES & LOCATION tabs (scroll up!) for many more details about this league/program, including equipment requirements and play spaces.
||Look like a team, play like a team! Design & order your team jerseys from FCSSC's jersey partner, Jatt Sports, as soon as you register so they can be ready for your first game!
PLAY MORE, SAVE MORE!
Receive 10% off your 2nd sport, 20% off your 3rd sport and 30% off your 4th registration this season!
Why not try one of these?
Dodgeball, Ultimate Frisbee or Turf Soccer
Be sure to join FCSSC in supporting local charities by signing up to play in one of our upcoming tournaments:
3rd Annual Boots & Brooms Curling Bonspiel on Saturday, November 24, 2018
Feeling a bit rusty, or cannot get enough Volleyball?
Join us for our Court Volleyball Skill Builder Clinic on November 3rd, 2018
All league participants are entitled to exclusive, member-only offers from FCSSC’s Partners, like Steam Whistle Brewing and Winks. Click here for free food, great discounts on gear and much more!
Pick & pay for the league of your choice by clicking on the appropriate link in the grid below. Secure your spot before it sells out!
IMPORTANT: All players must be 19 years or older to play with FCSSC, no exceptions.
Prices before taxes. Registrations fully refundable BEFORE the registration deadline. Click to review FCSSC's **NEW** REFUND POLICY.
Is the league/program you want sold out?
Please send an email with your name, phone number, desired sport and if you are a full team or individual to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list. We will contact you if/when a spot opens up.
Prices before taxes
REC and INT Volleyball Rules
1. Pre-Game – Spirit Points, Equipment, Game Time, Defaults, Fields
Play that is competitive, overly aggressive, rough and/or unsportsmanlike such as pushing, shoving, elbowing, shouldering, tripping, hacking, slashing, sliding, tackling, ball blasting, chirping, name calling, threats and intimidation, is prohibited and will not be tolerated by FCSSC. FCSSC IS FIRST-AND-FOREMOST-FOR-FUN. ANY ROUGH OR PHYSICAL PLAY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE GAME, THE LEAGUE, THE CLUB AND/OR ALL OF THE ABOVE. All players should go out of their way to avoid contact with other players and/or eliminate actions or behaviours that could jeopardize player safety. If accidental contact occurs it is expected that players will apologize for that contact, ensure everyone is alright and stop the game to seek appropriate help as required. This rule supersedes all others!
Spirit Points: An integral part of all the sports that the Forest City Sport & Social Club offers. It is based on the primary focus of the FCSSC, which is sportsmanship and to have FUN...NOT on competitive and aggressive sport.
Equipment/Set-Up: FCSSC Game Co-ordinators will provide volleyballs for each game and will set-up the net(s) for the game. Teams are welcome to bring their own balls for warm-up and practice. In addition, FCSSC’s Game co-ordinator will keep score when possible (ie. Only one game in the gym at a time). If the FCSSC Game’s co-ordinator is unable to keep score, we ask that each team select a player to assist in keeping score.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so that you can start your games on time.
- Games are 55 minutes in length.
- Games are comprised of 3 RALLY POINT games to 25 points. The cap is also at 25 points. Therefore, if the score is tied 24-24, the next point wins (first team to 25 points).
- REC teams and INT teams are comprised of six (6) players with a minimum of two (2) women and two (2) men.
- A default will occur if any team cannot field a squad by 10 minutes after the official start time. The second game of the match will be defaulted 20 minutes after the official start time and the third and final game of the match will be defaulted 30 minutes after the official start time (e.g. a team that defaults the first game, can still play the second and third games, providing that enough players eventually arrive). A team can play with a minimum of 5 people, as long as two (2) players are women and two (2) players are men. Captains may agree to waive the rules regarding minimum people but this should be decided before the game starts. IF IT IS AGREED THAT THE GAME COUNTS, IT COUNTS!
2. In Game – General Rules
- Rally point scoring WILL be used during league play - you do not have to be serving to score a point.
- A player may NOT block or spike a serve.
- Players CAN open-hand volley a serve.
- A server may serve the ball from anywhere along the baseline.
- Net serves ARE allowed. This means that if a serve hits the net but the motion of the ball carries it over the net, it is a live ball - it is not a service fault.
- A player may play the ball off any part of his/her body, including feet.
- A player may NOT touch the net during any part of the play. Please call your own net violations. REMEMBER YOU ARE SELF-OFFICIATED!
- Rotate new players in before your team starts a new server.
- A player may pass under the net as long as the penetrating foot or hand remains either in contact with the centre line or directly above it. To contact the opponent's court with any other body part is forbidden and a point should be awarded to the other team
- If time runs out in the middle of a game, whoever is winning the game at that moment is considered the winner. A team must win at least 5 points in a set in order for it to count as a win/loss. If neither teams gets at least 5 points, the set is deemed a tie.
- If 10 minutes have elapsed after the official start of the game and not enough players are present to field a team, the first game of the match is defaulted. At 20 minutes after the start of the official start time, the second game is defaulted, and at 30 minutes after the official start time, the third game is defaulted. Each defaulted game results in the loss of one (1) in the overall standings.
- Servers DO rotate after five consecutive points. The same team continues to serve as long as his/her team successfully wins the point.
- A ball that hits the wall or ceiling is out of bounds.
- A game can end in a tie during the regular season. In the playoffs, a game that is tied at the end of regulation time is decided by a single “rally point”, served by the team in control of the serve.
- Any team defaulting more than 2 matches may be asked to leave the league, with no refund.
- Teams may call a one (1) minute time-out per match if needed except during the final 10 minutes of play.
Discrepancies: All games are self-refereed. Any disputes will be discussed amongst the two team captains. Please play honestly and call your own infractions (lift, net, etc). If a dispute cannot be settled the point should be re-served
3. Post-Game – Score Reporting, Spirit Points, Departure
Score Reporting: Captains from each team are responsible for reporting or confirming game scores within 48 hours of the completion of the game. Scores can be reported or confirmed via our website at www.fcssc.ca.
Spirit Points: Captains are also responsible for submitting a “Spirit” score for the opposing team each week. This is done when the score is reported or confirmed on the FCSSC website. Spirit points allow you to score your opponent based on your experience playing against them. You can score them based on how fun they were to play against, did they show good sportsmanship, did they follow and know the rules, did they arrive on time etc. All teams should shoot for PERFECT Spirit Points!
Departure: Each week after your game, it is important to leave the court in a timely manner. Teams could be playing after you and will need to get their game started on time. It is also possible that the facility could be closing upon the completion of your game and all staff and FCSSC members will need to depart the building at that time.
A PDF Copy of the Rules can be Downloaded here.
Court Volleyball will be played in multiple gyms this season, including, but not limited to:
LDCSS, London Christian Academy, Bob Hayward YMCA & Bostwick YMCA.
Ashley Oaks PS, Clarke Rd SS, Montcalm SS, Saunders SS & White Oaks PS.
Eagle Heights PS, LDCSS, Prince Charles, Sir Wilfrid Laurier SS, Stoneycreek PS & Bostwick YMCA.
Eagle Heights PS, East Carling PS, H.B. Beal SS, Sir Fred Banting SS & Sir Wilfrid Laurier SS.
Eagle Heights PS, Easter Seals, LDCSS, Oakridge SS & Bostwick YMCA.
Note* Locations stated are as known at time of posting and may change without notice. FCSSC reserves the right to add, delete or change locations at any time as necessary to accommodate availability, meet quality standards and league size/demand for courts.