FCSSC offers no-membership-required lawn bowling at the most beautiful lawn bowling club in the city. Loads of fun for rookies, experienced players (who are a little rusty perhaps?!) and anyone who wants to try a new and cool experience this season.
Summer 2017 League Details:
PLEASE NOTE: Registration deadline May 22, 2017! Sign up today!
Payment must be received in full by the deadline to secure a spot in the league/program of your choice!
FCSSC offers 3 ways to play:
1) Register a Full Team
2) Register as an individual & we will place you on a team with other individuals
3) Register as a Small Group (register as an individual & request to play with friends. We will place you & your friends on a team with other individuals or small groups)
|What to Expect
||FCSSC is excited to offer lawn bowling once again this season! Never lawn bowled before? No problem - no experience required to play in our league. And we'll be happy to teach you what we know!
This league is governed by FCSSC’s unique Spirit Point System. The most fun & sportsmanlike teams have the greatest chance of winning the coveted Championship Prizes!
Starts: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Ends: Tuesday, August 8, 2017
All scheduled games will be played on Tuesdays*.
*In the event that a regular season game must be rescheduled we will announce the reschedule date as soon as one is confirmed. There is no pre-set rain date for this league.
Start times rotate between 6:30pm and 8:00pm. All games are 90 minutes. Game times can change weekly and will be equalized for all teams throughout the season.
Click the SPORT INFO, RULES & LOCATION tabs (scroll up!) for many more details about this league/program, including equipment requirements and play spaces.
||Look like a team, play like a team! Design & order your team jerseys from FCSSC's jersey partner, Jatt Sports, as soon as you register so they can be ready for your first game!
|Kick Off Party
||Thursday, May 25, 2017 is the Summer Kick Off Party. Details will be sent to all paid registrants once registration is closed. Mark your calendar! Please make sure to subscribe to FCSSC emails to ensure that you stay up to date on important league details.
|PLAY MORE, SAVE MORE!
Save 10% off your 2nd sport, 20% off your 3rd sport and 30% of your 4th sport now in effect!
Why not try one of these?
Beach Dodgeball, Soccer or One Hit Wonders
Be sure to join FCSSC in supporting GenNext United Way London Middlesex by signing up to play in one of our summer tournaments:
- Don't Stop BALL-ieving Dodgeball Tourney on April 8th
- 7th Annual Rug Rats Beach Volleyball Tourney on July 22nd
- 1st Annual Hey Slugger Softball Tourney on August 12th
All league participants are entitled to exclusive, member-only offers from FCSSC’s Partners, like Steam Whistle Brewing, Columbia Sportswear, and Winks. Click here for free food, great discounts on gear and much more!
To register, click your week night and skill level choice on the grid below.
Pick & pay for the league of your choice by clicking on the appropriate link in the grid below. Secure your spot before it sells out!
IMPORTANT: All players must be 19 years or older to play with FCSSC, no exceptions.
Prices before taxes. Registrations fully refundable BEFORE the registration deadline. Click to review FCSSC’S REFUND POLICY.
Is the league/program you want sold out?
Please send an email with your name, phone number and desired sport to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waiting list. We will contact you if/when a spot opens up.
Prices before taxes
As with all FCSSC activities and sports, our golden rule is “first-and-foremost-for-fun”! Safety and fun for our members is priority. Leave your overly-competitive spirit at home and bring your sense of humour instead! And please, if you are an experienced player, help newer players to learn the game – that’s part of the fun!
About the game: Bowls or lawn bowls is a sport in which the objective is to roll “biased” balls so that the balls stop close to a smaller ball called a "jack" or "pin" in FCSSC’s case. Similar to curling or bocce ball. Bowls (balls) are designed to travel a curved path because of a weight bias. A bowler determines the bias direction of the bowl in his/her hand by a dimple or symbol on one side. It is recommended that players release the ball from their hand as close to the ground as possible, unlike bocce ball.
Length of Game: Games last for 4 ends or 90 minutes, whichever comes first. When notified by FCSSC staff, the position throwing finishes their bowl (ball), and the next position throws theirs, and then the game is over. So, if the seconds have thrown one bowl (ball) each and you have been notified, then they finish theirs, and the thirds throw all of theirs and the game ends (in this situation, the skips would not throw).
Scoring: Both teams are able to score in the same end. The bowl closest to the pin (jack) receives 4 pts, the bowl second closest to the pin receives 3 pts, the bowl third closest to the pin receives 2 pts and the bowl fourth closest to the pin receives 1 pt. All remaining bowls will not receive points.
- Because this is a relatively new sport for FCSSC and its members we have kept the rules to a minimum to ease play and ensure a fun league.
- Teams (of 4 players) alternate throwing bowls.
- Players must stand on the mat to deliver their bowl.
- A bowl that goes out of bounds is removed from the game.
- The jack (pin) will be placed (not thrown) at the beginning of each end.
- Bowls can hit the jack (pin) and the jack can move during the game including entering the gutter. However if the jack goes out of bounds the end is repeated.
- If the jack goes in the gutter it is still in play. In order for your bowl to count in this situation it must touch the jack first before entering the gutter. If your bowl enters the gutter without touching the jack it is considered out of play.
- Thistle Lawn Bowling Club members will be present on each green to assist the skip, help with rule clarification and to make sure we’re all having a blast all night lawn!
This league will take place at Thistle Lawn Bowling Club located at 25 Beaufort Street in London, ON.