As FCSSC’s Manager, Marketing & Development you will have accountability for building FCSSC’s brand, attracting new members to FCSSC, and creating and capturing partnership opportunities. Our Manager, Marketing & Development will build our reputation, our member base and FCSSC’s connection to our community.
- Develop and engage new members with FCSSC’s brand in existing communities where we play
- Create awareness, recognition and engagement with FCSSC and our brand in new communities
- Develop digital (and other) marketing strategy for FCSSC and execute action plans to promote the club, our leagues & events
- Remove barriers to accessibility of FCSSC’s activities for anyone and everyone who wants to join
- Create, capture and maximize partnership opportunities for FCSSC, to build FCSSC’s member experience, benefits and brand
- Find and establish partnerships with local business, non-profits or government to expand FCSSC’s capacity to play
- Seek out and execute on opportunities for FCSSC to give back to the communities in which we play
- Collaborate with local organizations and community event organizers to introduce FCSSC to potential new members
- Envision and collaborate to implement a top-notch member experience, from first point of contact to final game of the season, on and off the court/field
- Strategically attract potential members who FCSSC is not yet serving – corporate teams, social groups, cultural groups, industry groups, neighbourhoods, and more
- Enable FCSSC’s growth and expansion by completing detailed market and competitive research
Track record and proven ability to:
- Connect with people, build and foster meaningful and beneficial relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other stakeholders
- Use your network to create opportunity, find resources, solve problems, do good
- Lead marketing strategy development and implement marketing plans
- Generate revenue, produce results
- Make decisions collaboratively and quickly
- Communicate with impact, to influence and motivate action
- An entrepreneurial spirit in terms of both creativity and work ethic
- A creative thinker with strong business acumen
- A brilliant networker, who can create a sense of community and belonging among members of an organization
- A strong, positive presence in a room, and a confident public speaker
- 3+ years of experience in a Marketing and/or Business Development role
- Degree in Business, Marketing and/or Sports Management preferred
- Social media savvy
- A valid driver’s license and personal transportation (having your own vehicle is essential)
This is a full-time role with flexible hours. The Manager, Marketing & Development works in the FCSSC office which is open Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm. This role requires occasional hours during the evening and on weekends.
This is a mid-career level role, with an annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Health care benefits will be provided. Generous vacation allowance. Mileage and other business expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume with subject line "Manager, Marketing & Development: Your Full Name" to email@example.com today!